Thursday, April 21, 2011

Been up for 72 hours!!!

Ok maybe slightly exaggerated I was up 41 hours (9am Tuesday to 2am Thursday) Then sadly my favorite girl left and then alone could not stay awake on my own and passed out. Here is the interesting part I was so tired but my mind did not want me to sleep so I would wake up like every 30 minutes. Now you are probably like thats not weird people wake up on accident all the time when trying to go to sleep originally. But, before I get into the interesting part first have to teach you some science based in psychology. When we sleep there are 5 stages the first four are all just for our body to make sure we are sleep pretty much. However the fifth one is called REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, it is essential sleep for our cognitive processing ability. You dream during REM sleep as well and for insomniacs and me(college students), if you only get a few hours of sleep a day you go straight into REM when you do. Cool part, since I dove straight into REM I woke up at the end of the 30 minute cycle but was still in my dream. I shot up off my pillow, I glanced around my TV, laptop stereo equipment everything was gone the desks were still there same with my chair. I fear I have been robbed so I hop out of bed to go look around the rest of the dorm and maybe check on my roommates...maybe. So I open the door to the hall way and am accosted with light. Blink for a second and turn around and my room is fine still messy and all my stuff is still there. This happened again except this time I woke up in like mental hospital bed and the walls were white but spongy looking I calmed down after a second sat fully up and prepared to get off my bed but it was almost like my brain could not keep the image since I stepped on a 48 pack box of Dr. Pepper that I had on the ground next to my bed. The second I stepped off onto the box using it to help me down the whole room morphed and next I look up it was my dorm room but weird stuff laying around that I didn't own. I turn to leave out the door again get blasted by the hall light and both times it was like when my eyes hit the light I was back in my body, because during both times it was like watching a movie and my commands sending to my brains were delayed. Well figured I would write all this down before I lost it. I have talked with other people about sleep tripping but most people never seem to get the effects I do. Anyways picture time!
(right click picture, save as and just look at it with picture viewer. It's just about lucid dreaming and how to achieve it)

1 comment:

  1. You sleepin yet or hallucinating, you aint got much more time to stay up youll be crashing.

    ReplyDelete